About the Institute for Health Research (IHR)
The Kaiser Permanente Colorado Institute for Health Research (IHR) is an integrated department that conducts, publishes, and disseminates epidemiologic, behavioral, health services, implementation and clinical research. The IHR also hosts a clinical trials program, and a robust community evaluation team. Research findings are translated into practice to improve the health of Kaiser Permanente members and the broader Colorado community, and to inform health care delivery and public policy nationally. The IHR has full-time and affiliate MD, PhD, and PharmD Investigators, supported by research staff including project managers, research specialists, research assistants, statisticians, analysts, programmers, as well as tumor registers, finance and administrative staff.
The organization has a specific focus on conducting research that can be translated into clinical practice, health promotion, and policies to influence the health of individuals and populations.
Established in 1992, the IHR is responsible for many landmark findings. Among the most notable are recent studies about overdose prevention, vaccine safety, food insecurity, genomics, and cancer screenings.
The IHR is an essential and strategic asset to KPCO using research, evaluation and innovation to transform and improve the health of our members, community and our nation.
To lead research and evaluation that advances patient care, health promotion, and policies to improve the health of individuals and populations.
- We lead cutting-edge research and evaluation to benefit our members and the communities we serve.
- We provide our members access to new and innovative care by participating in nationally-funded clinical, behavioral, and community intervention trials.
- We integrate research into care delivery to achieve safe, effective, equitable, affordable, and patient-centered health care.
- We prioritize research and evaluation that promotes the wellness of our members and the communities we serve.
- We conduct research to understand factors that affect the total health of individuals and populations, including the social, non-medical needs of our members and the broader community.
- We partner with members, clinicians, communities, local associations, national organizations, and other research teams to conduct research aimed at improving health outcomes.
Working together, we conduct research and evaluation that advances patient care, health promotion, and policies to improve the health of individuals and populations.
Meet the people who guide the department in its commitment to lead research and evaluation that advances patient care, health promotion, and policies to improve the health of individuals and populations.LEARN MORE
Meet the people who lead research work for Kaiser Permanente Colorado's Institute for Health Research. Learn about their work and areas of interest and discover their published work.LEARN MORE
Our Research Staff
Meet the people who manage projects and people, analyze the data, write the data programs, execute surveys, manage research finances, run clinical trials, and our Post Doctoral Fellows.LEARN MORE